Well safe to say I’m officially tired today, and very pleased that everyone is more then happy to have a pj day before we travel to see more family tomorrow.
Here are some of the highlights for me so far… (deliberately thinking positively – the ‘moments’ can wait for another blog!!)
- making Daddy’s present from the kids with the kids; glitter, feathers, painting, drawing, cutting & sticking and watching the excitement of doing something that had to stay secret till Christmas Day! They did a great job
- managing to successfully get the oven on a timer for all the meat joints eaten so far… and working with Andrew is the
kitchen to get the Christmas lunch ready…
- being caught practicing riding the scooter (that I was planning to make an entrance on when leading the Christmas Eve Nativity service) up & down the aisles at church before the service – very funny – and yes I did scoot to the front successfully without falling off! (we went on a bit of a trip round the world)
- a week old baby coming to the Christmas Eve service and his Mum dressing up as Mary to join in.
- wrapping presents with each of my little ones, lovely times of chat and excitement.
- hugs and smiles!
- listening to the Christmas story read by good friends that no longer live just round the corner, and by new friends from Switzerland, Brazil, Mozambique and Uganda – for me it really helped me to grasp a bit more of the reality that when Jesus was born it didn’t just change his family forever, or his village community forever, or even his country – when he came he changed things for everyone all round the world.
- Christmas Day service, T dancing, B sitting with friends, A persuading Grandad to show everyone his light up Christmas jumper…
- being with family in the (fleeting) calm, all relaxed, independently busy with new presents, fire lit.
I wonder what the rest of this week will have for us? I really like this week after Christmas, Andrew takes the time off, the church phone in the study gets switched off – good to have some time that’s not under pressure…
What do the next few days have for you? family visits? back to work?? days out? fun and games?
I am praying for some sleep, good conversations, fun, space, moments of rest and calm, and to be able to remember God is with me in the midst – whatever you are up to, can I pray the same for you too? x